What would you like to see next in ManyCam?

1. Remember App Windows , now when the apps have been closed and you restart your setup you get a " invalid source " notification and you have to configure the shared apps again for multiple presets… Very time consuming and annoying.

2. Copy presets

Would be great if when using layers and PiP that as a presenter your hand isn’t hidden behind the layer when referencing it. If the presenter could be in the foreground it would allow your hand to be visible in front of the layer and therefore able to specifically reference things in the layer/PiP.

I use all 24 presets to produce our church services, with each preset representing a different segment of the service such as liturgy, hymns and the sermon - all with one of 7 different camera views as PIP inserts.

The structure of the service changes dramatically from season to season, as it does when there is a wedding, funeral or other streamed event. I have to delete all of the 24 presets and rebuild them for each new service structure.

My suggestion is that ManyCam incorporate the ability to save all of the current presets as a reloadable project. This is analogous to most video editing software, for instance. This would also help with some of the issues folks in this thread are recommending and bring ManyCam into a more professional project oriented category of software.

2 Likes

@DonaldG You’ll be glad to know we’re actually working on this right now! I don’t have an exact date but it’s very short term, I will be sure to make a post about this here.

1 Like

Very good news, Christopher. It can’t come soon enough for me. Switching between the 24 presets I use for a funeral and those I use for a normal Sunday worship service will take seconds instead of hours once you have this capability in ManyCam. Thanks in advance for your team’s hard work!

2 Likes

A simple way to insert a pre-recorded video file into one of the Preview Windows and have it play FROM THE BEGINNING every time you click on that window. The hoops you have to jump through to incorporate pre-recorded videos is crazy, as-is.

3 Likes

AND the “Save” feature Donald suggested above!!!

2 Likes

@Tom_Montalbano Thanks for the suggestion! I’ve definitely had this same issue, I will look at ways to incorporate it soon.

SAVE
I would love to be able to program a show and SAVE the layout. save the images I load into it. I HATE that I can not pre stage a show because there is no SAVE option. When I close manycam all the work is just lost.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

So far, I am a little disappointed in this product. For $120 - as opposed to $60 for VMix- it seems it should be a lot more user friendly.

1 Like

PTZ Control would be very useful.

When using a mobile device as a source, it would be awesome if the video could be saved in full quality on the device in addition to streaming. I think this would make ManyCam a highly useful tool for filmmakers.

1 Like
  • Interview Mode like the recent update of Ecamm.
  • Having the possibility to not rely on external software for this (Zoom, etc…)
  • Possibility to do multi guest speakers live within the app and control also guest images like chromakey and background.
  • Periscope native integration
  • more lower third presets (more modern) and the ability to resize it.
2 Likes
  1. Add the ability to set effects as macros. Many of mine are for classroom commands (write, click, draw, circle, etc)
    2.When in overlay mode, the ability to access macros or personalize based on our teaching needs

The new ability to save and retrieve all of my presets is terrific. Please continue making it more robust to include all the special things that are included in the presets. You are making great progress on maturing the product!

Is it possible to add google map or apple map function so i can do livestreams while a pip screen shows exactly where i am on a map?

One thing I’d like to see is an option for each preset to disable a lower third. I have five cameras connected, each with a preset. One is an overhead camera for product demos. When that preset is selected, turn the lower third off. But when other presets are selected, turn it back on.

I’m also noticing that when a preset contains a PIP type layout, the chosen layout is not maintained after a reboot. It reverts to split-screen, and I have to set it back to being the lower corner.

Update: to freeze my video image, I found the “pause driver streaming” function hidden in the “driver streaming” option (right-click to find it). I setup a hotkey for it that works very well for me. The webcam selection issue unfortunately remains…

On Mac, I would like the overlay video settings to be remembered so that I don’t have to re-select the options I want every time I use it when I restart the ManyCam app. I wish it remembered to keep the video “on” with “background” and “square” settings enabled, and that it also remembered the position on the screen where I last placed the overlay video window (i.e., corner of my laptop’s screen).

I’ll second that - when I unplug and plug the cameras back in, ManyCam always loses the devices, and I have to delete and re-add both cameras.

Performance improvements including lower CPU usage, and fixing whatever leak causes the video to freeze (requires a reboot to correct, then slowly goes south again over the next day).

1 Like