What would you like to see next in ManyCam?

Hey everyone!

Recently we’ve released ManyCam 7 for Windows and Mac and we have some cool new things in the pipeline including new features and performance enhancements I think everyone will benefit from. But throughout the launch, we’ve seen a tonne of great suggestions from you.

Some of these suggestions are:

• Rounded PiP layers (Or the ability to round corners of layers)
  • The ability to crop layers (Including PiP)
  • The ability to rotate layers (Including PiP)
  • Vertical resolutions (9:16 for example, mainly for mobile videos)
  • Custom resolutions (The ability to set your own resolution)
  • Videos as backgrounds for Chroma Key
  • Support RGB+A videos with transparencies.

And we’re definitely seeing everything you post or suggest!

I would like to use this thread to continue the conversation regarding the above feature requests and anything else you may want to suggest, so please let us know what you want to see next in ManyCam.

3 Likes

Definitely alpha support for videos!

3 Likes

Hey @ravenhorus

By Alpha support do you mean the ability to adjust the Alpha level of a specific layer?

No, I mean to support alpha channel, if I add a video with alpha channel it displays alpha as black instead of being a transparent background to let me introduce animations (Facebook, YouTube usernames for example) without having to process it with a colored background and then eliminating it via chroma and consuming more CPU

3 Likes

@ravenhorus

Ah I see, adding to the main post this is a good idea, I never really see people playing with these types of videos so I never really thought about that.

1 Like
  • the ability to use video as effects (like gifs)
  • auto-looping of video
  • background effects
    • for example, Group a knitted hat effect (foreground) and falling snow video (background)…Makes for an Instant winter scene for a talking-head stream
  • facerig-like effects (talking animals and etc)
  • load browser content from url, as a layer or effect (for loading html5games into ManyCam)
  • fix youtube integration (if possible)
  • hotkeys for any/all objects
  • sparse (or configurable) workspace for teaching with ESL apps…not unlike photoshop or final cut pro
  • applescript/other integration
  • ability to extend ManyCam with custom ‘community-written’ code
  • ability to trigger individual sounds (not playlist)
  • vocal effects (delay, reverb, pitch shift, and etc)
4 Likes

Hi @ravenhorus!

Could you please provide a video sample with an alpha channel?

2 Likes

possibility to change manycam microphone name. Some sites block manycam

2 Likes

Possibility to lock camera focus on android app.

2 Likes
  1. One click delete for “unordered” folder in EFFECTS menu. (currently you have to eliminate one at a time).
  2. Personal images should not automatically go into the Unordered folder when used, such as when adding to a layer as “effect” (the excessive accumulation of images causes ManyCam to slowdown at startup and causes Manycam to crash. We should be able to add images to folders of our choice when and how we want to do so.
2 Likes

Sorry, haven’t been here in a while… I made a video with alpha example and hosted it on onedrive https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ag8pTK5CgN6fo6MkFw9YXXbjgOp3bg?e=R7rOzN

More interaction with Manycam Mobile + Manycam computer. Manycam Mobile with 4k and external
microphone. To register with smartphone to reduce cpu computer usage and be in stream with Manycam computer.

I’d definitely like to see an option to copy and paste a preset.

5 Likes

Cropping of the video layer. Like a post said cutting out unneeded video from wide angle cameras while keeping a needed ratio.
To be clear I would like to crop it at the source not in the layer. Difference is I want to crop out the bad in the source so that I can resize the video in the layer without effecting the cropping.

4 Likes

The most big problem is the connection with Manycam app + Manycam PC. Why only wifi ?
The connection USB can be very great. An other
suggestion can Manycam PC can have 2 version
Black and White as the new version Capture 2.0 of
Logitech.

1 Like

Just discovered ManyCam. Been using xSplit. I would REALLY like to see a remote control feature from mobile app to windows 10. Being able to switch sources from a mobile app, start and stop streaming, and maybe zoom in and out would be super great too. All of this from a remote app!

1 Like

The ability to mirror effects

1 Like

It would be really usefull if I could COPY one “Preset” into a blank one. It would also be nice if i could set the size of a cam-window writing numbers instead of just resizing the window with the mouse.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if this has been suggested, but I want a way to start ManyCam in streaming mode. I want to use Task Scheduler to start the program at a specific time and immediately stream without user intervention. I’ll also use Task Scheduler to end the stream. I’m thinking of a startup parameter like OBS’s startstream.

1 Like

I would love to see a side by side view if what is in test before going live.
Also I would like to see where you can add weblink to your view. For instance when doing a live video and people have questions, where I can see and answer the questions that are being asked.

2 Likes