Virtual Cam does no longer work in Webex

Hey @Andrew_Shumate

In the past we’ve communicated with the Chromium team about this, and the solution they provided is that they moved webcam capture to a separate helper process, and then on that process they added the “Disable Library Validation” entitlement.

At the same time that we’re talking with Apple/WebEx/Zoom etc, Apple is also being contacted by the WebEx team, Blackmagic and others as this affects not just virtual webcams but video capture cards and some devices that require software interfaces.

It’s more of a pain this way for sure, but it looks like Zoom may be re-adding support for virtual webcams in an upcoming release, and in the meantime we’re working on NDI input and output as a top priority so that users will be able to use ManyCam as an NDI input in some applications. (Skype for example)

Thanks for letting us know this. Hopefully you’ve had a chance to explain to leo that overcommunicating is preferable in this sort of situation, to just saying to us, “we can’t solve it, go talk to Apple”.

Any updates on a fix for using ManyCam with WebEx? I purchased a lifetime license for ManyCam to use in the university courses I teach using WebEx. Please provide an update, and, hopefully, a fix. Thanks!

Any updates? - was going to buy the lifetime version also, but if it is not working with Webex what good is it

1 Like

Another vote for Webex to work with Manycam. If I join a meeting in Chrome now, Manycam works, but if you try to share anything, the Chrome version of Webex doesn’t work, you have to run the native Mac Webex app, and that breaks the ManyCam input.

No response yet but let us hope for a fix soon!

Now, with 7.3.0.13, it doesn’t even work with the “workaround” of Webex via Chrome browser. Video just freezes up… So as of now, Manycam is useless on the Mac (though it may work with zoom - haven’t tried it as my company disallows zoom for security reasons.)

:frowning:

I only have Macs. Its not working in Chrome with the newest version. Just purchased lifetime in April. How do we request a refund?

Hello, I am at the point of making discussion for purchasing ManyCam, the only feature I need is the virtual background for webex and webex team on Windows platform.

Can anyone confirm if this feature still broken at the moment or it works on Windows?

Thank you

I have ManyCam 7.2.0.6 working with a current Cisco WebEx Meetings client version 40.4.7.2 (not the browser version), have not had any issues at all.

@jmussman, Assume you are on Windows or an old Mac version?

Hi @jmaddr,

Mojave 10.14.6, which I realize I forgot to mention (late yesterday for me, my bad).

I wanted to add something in the chain to clarify that so that people understood that it will still work with that configuration, and you can still go back to Mojave (I did myself because I experienced serious performance issues in Catalina).

To clarify why I gave the version of the Webex client: there seems to be two distinct current versions of the Webex client. The one that you can get from the Webex portal is not the one that I have installed. Mine came from a link provided by support after a go-around on another issue which is why I provided the version number as you might have to go to them to get it.

Last, I’m a long-time developer skilled in this area. @Chris_MC said to ask any questions, so I’d like a pointer to more gory technical details. From what I read, it sounds like this is Webex or Apple rejecting the signed application (not happy with the CA?), but without details I’m speaking out of turn.

So what has ManyCam heard from Cisco, because this is what they are saying publicly:
Virtual camera software applications and drivers are no longer supported by Webex Meetings and Teams.

Is there an answer or update to @Andrew_Shumate post above?

This issue is related to Apple security updates, and seems to have been solved by everyone except Webex. I use ManyCam with Zoom, GoToMeetings, Teams and Skype and all now work with Virtual Cameras. Webex so far have only managed to enable the resident “background blur” option using the Mac Facetime camera. As has been pointed out you can use virtual camera with Webex via browser, but I host a lot of meetings and need the desktop app functionality.

2 Likes

No news yet? I do use Webex Desktop App and I need Virtual Manycam for that.

Webex Note on this

https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX9000032849/Virtual-Camera-Driver-Stopped-Working-After-a-Site-Upgrade

Apple Dev Notes

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/entitlements/com_apple_security_cs_disable-library-validation

Medium Thread of interest

https://medium.com/@dkiesow/how-to-fix-the-virtual-camera-function-in-zoom-mac-only-9872a6d9ea5

We were told today by Webex that ManyCam was the best way to get a Fuji X-T3 to show up on our webinar. Downloaded and installed, worked great in testing. When it came time for the actual webinar we presented and the screen went black and I did not appear at all on the screen.

We were running a 2 monitor session and running powerpoint.

I went back to try and recreate the issue only after I was done the webinar where we found out it was audio only. (not impressed)

It appears that with Goto you have to pick the laptop webcam then switch to manycam or it doesn’t recognize. Even then there is no guarantees it will work.

Went to google hangouts to test it out and it froze mid conversation - ManyCam shut down in the middle of the call.