Virtual Cam does no longer work in Webex

Same here. I am running Mac OS 10.15.2 and Webex Meetings 40.2.17.17.
ManyCam does not show up, even if I unsign it.
Please fix this ASAP, I use ManyCam on many live events and webinars, and would love to stay with ManyCam.

Best,
Andreas

WORKARROUND, Use WebEx browser version in Google Chrome. I created my meeting and started it from Chrome , ManyCam camera is there and the MC virtual background works fine with Webex browser version.
To do a test go here https://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html
Select “Join from your browser” instead of downloading the app.
Make sure the browser page has the right to see the camera, from Chrome its on Privacy and security/ Site Settings

Any update on the fix from Webex ?

Hey @Martin

At the moment Apple is providing conflicting feedback to pretty much everyone, so I don’t have any feedback from them just yet.

We are evaluating some internal temporary solutions (They won’t necessarily make the driver work in WebEx but might provide ways to work around the restrictions)

In the meantime, WebEx is saying that users should join meetings from their Web App if they want to use Virtual Webcams in the short term, longer term they are still trying to find a cooperative solution and are working with Apple.

This online workaround (you can use chrome, you can use firefox, I think you can use whatever - I am using firefox) is clever, but it doesn’t work for me, as I am a teacher and I need the full functionality of the desktop app, every day, multiple times a day. But at least this test confirmed for me that the problem is the one everyone is talking about, and not something else, as Manycam is showing up fine in online WebEx, but not from the desktop app. (Any updates? Any other suggestions? Thanks. Mojave 10.14.6.)

Hi @Chris_MC, many thanks for the update. the WebApp approach seems to work OK but hopefully they’ll get a proper fix soon…

1 Like

Hi, More information for this question?, Thanks

I have the same issue, how to get notified this is fixed?

… any news? When can we expect someone to fix this?
Without being able to use ManyCam in meeting tools, I see no use of it.
Please help.

Best,
Andreas

Manycam Virtual Camera is not appearing on both MacOS Mojave and Catalina with Webex and Zoom. I really need a fix for Webex urgently! Is this something Manycam needs to work with these software providers? Seems to appear on Skype but I don’t use that.

Hello I unfortunately have the same issue with Webex Meeting Version 40.4.7.2 ManyCam Studio Lifetime 7.1.1.2 and macOS Version 10.15.4. it is super urgent since my WFT setup pretty much depends on this

I’m seeing this behavior as well on MacOS. WebEx was loving the ManyCam virtual webcam until last Friday. From that point on, WebEx no longer give me the option to use ManyCam. Has anyone tried an older version of the WebEx application?

Yes, WebEx tech support provided me with two older versions to try. Both silently upgraded to the latest version on startup. When I flagged that, I was told that there was no way to disable the auto-update and that I would have to wait for a fix in a future release.

Hi…any new news from Webex on this?

Still not working. What is the status, please?

Hi @Andreas_Sjostrom,

Unfortunately this problem can’t be solved from our side.
Apple have made some changes at macOS level that can be solved by either Apple or by Webex.
We can offer only a workaround above.
You may want to contact Apple (https://www.apple.com/feedback/macos.html) and/or Webex (https://help.webex.com/contact?language=en-us) and ask to resolve the issue.

So what you’re saying is that I need to ask for a refund because an OS update broke your product by requiring library validation and you’re not going to even try to fix it?

1 Like

I think what he’s saying is that rather than taking a robust stance to defend its users’ interests and its business model, by making cogent and public representations to Apple that they need to provide a suitable path forward, including a public letter to Apple and references on social media, which some of us could then amplify … Manycam has instead made some limited private representations and has now decided to roll over and give up on the Apple market, without even making public what the outcome of those conversations has been so far. Of course, as Apple developers, they’re probably restricted from disclosing some aspects of that, or from disparaging Apple. But nothing stops them from telling the world in some detail why it is that their product just got killed by Apple. The nature and timeliness of response we’ve seen here tells me all I need to know about the caliber of leadership at Manycam.

Hey @dsmcf,

We’re actively working on resolving this issue with all parties, the WebEx team has been in communication with us and everyone is trying to get this resolved as quick as possible.

Apple has alao been looking into this, but sometimes it also helps to have MacOS users contact them directly to request that this feature return, as it shows it’s popularity.

In the meantime we’re also looking at a couple different options to get everyone on Mac back up and running when a virtual webcam might not be available.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

@Chris_MC I don’t think getting Apple or Cisco to turn off code signature validation is going to happen, so unless ManyCam is working getting Cisco, Zoom, Microsoft, etc to sign the manycam code or getting Apple to sign it Manycam and other virtual cameras are likely dead for Mac OS.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/entitlements/com_apple_security_cs_disable-library-validation