Virtual Cam does no longer work in Webex

Hi guys,

I need some urgent help.
I have a fairly big virtual event tomorrow and after a webex update the virtual webcam suddenly does not show up anymore.

I am on a Apple Mac.
Worked like a dream before

Hey @chris

Sending this to the team for investigation, will get back to you shortly!

Thank you sir!
Found out by now that when I join webex through browser it still works. If I join with the mac desktop app it does not.
Webex desktop app is version: 40.2.16.14

Hey @chris

I can’t seem to replicate this issue so I’m sending over an email to see how we can better help!

I have the exact same issue. It was working beautifully all day on April 21st, and for some reason, around 3:00PM it just stopped working and I don’t believe I updated anything. The virtual cam is no longer an option within the Webex App. I also noticed prior, also not available in Webex Teams app.

I found out by now that joining over browser (to a webex) still works. The problem is limited to the webex App. Unfortunately as panelist do you need to use the app

Update: 5pm europe time it started working again on webex…

1 Like

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the info, doing a follow up now with Webex.
Please feel free to contact me by email if you see this again and I’ll follow up with you too.

Will do and I wanted to thank your for your email and follow up. Getting a response from the product manager within 1 hour and great follow up is not a given. Thank you. Great support

1 Like

I am having the same problem here. Using Webex meetings and ManyCam on multiple macs (running Catalina).

ManyCam virtual camera shows in Zoom. It shows in Meet. It shows in Browser version of Webex.

It does not show as an option in selection drop-down for Webex Desktop client on Mac.

Hey @Jeff_Davis,

I seem to see the same issue during internal testing, I’m actually waiting on @chris to let me know how his event went as it seems to be working for him although he may be using Events.

We’re also working closely with the WebEx team and hope it will be resolved soon. They seem to be putting some resources into investigating this issue.

1 Like

I found the workaround from this thread to be successful: Virtual Webcam no Longer Works.

Basically, if you unsign the latest Webex desktop client, things work.

Command would be: sudo codesign --remove-signature “/Users//Library/Application Support/WebEx Folder/T33_64UMC_40.2.16.14/Meeting Center.app”

Where you replace the with the name of your user folder.

1 Like

Seemed to work fine with Webex events but still not with the “regular” webex meetings

I am having the same issue. Please advise…thanks!

Same here.

The ManyCam Virtual Webcam no longer appears in Webex 40.2.16.14 on macOS 10.15.4. However, the ManyCam Virtual Microphone does appear. This was working fine until the most recent Webex update.

I was able to get it to work when I unsigned the app as described above. The problem was that after it was unsigned, the “launcher app” couldn’t launch it any more. I had to launch from the Applications Support directory. Did clean install and I can confirm that it still doesn’t work. Using Webex 40.2.16.14 on MacOS 10.15.5 (beta).

1 Like

Even though I have not done the “unsignning method” I can add too that Cisco Webex app is not listing the virtual camera.

Webex: 40.2.16.14
MacOS: 10.15.4

The virtual camera DID SHOW up on Chrome using the Cisco WebApp. That was my workaround this morning. Make sure when you start/join meeting, there is a drop down to select “Web App” and not “Desktop App”

25%20PM

I am experiencing the same thing as everyone else here, problem shown in this screen share: https://share.getcloudapp.com/12uyKREL

macOS Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287)
Webex Version 40.2.16.14

This was working fine last week, not sure if there was an update or another workaround but I no longer see my ManyCam webcam as a choice.

I have a support ticket open with Webex (case number 688970504). Apparently they have had a lot of reports regarding this problem and are currently working on a fix :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

The ManyCam does not show up in the WebEx app on MacOS Catalina 10.15.4. Cisco Webex Meetings 40.2.16.14. This is a new purchase and installation of ManyCam. I’ve never used it before and I purchased it on the recommendation of a friend. I hope this is resoved soon.