Playing a video file from the beginning as soon as I cut to it?

I am still working with the trial version of ManyCam, but I am close to purchasing it IF someone can clear something up for me.

I simply want to put a pre-recorded video in my media preview display (bottom of screen), click on it, and have it play FROM THE BEGINNING every time.

I’m seeing all kinds of things about putting it into a Playlist, a Preset, or whatever. I also see where you can hit the PLAY symbol in the middle of the screen once it’s live. That’s WAY too much hassle for switching a live stream, and would look way less professional than I am trying to look. Will it work the way I want it to (and the way every other video mixing software package does) or should I move on to something else?

Again, if you do not have an answer, please, PLEASE do not just leave me a link to ManyCams terrible instruction page. I have been there, done that, and it doesn’t work.

Thanks, all!

I haven’t been able to figure out how to get video files, inserted into layers of a given preview window, to play from the beginning each time either. Nor have I been able to get animated lower third layers to work, since ManyCam doesn’t seem to allow video files with an alpha channel. But it’s not for lack of trying. There are literally dozens of comments on their forum asking for that functionality! But as of yet, no go!