Mac M1 compatibility

So here we are with new M1 MacBook Air and I cannot get the camera going on ManyCam…I have even tried the beta mentioned in this stream…what is the definitive answer on current capability so I know where to spend my time?

Well…?

The beta LEO posted (not you)…did not resolve anything…

What say ManyCam? This is dragging on for us users…might have to move away from your platform soon but don’t want to!

thanks.

Hey @David_Winiger

What application are you trying to use ManyCam with?

Thanks…VIPKID Teach (an app and website for teaching English online)

But for right now just getting ManyCam to see the Apple M1 camera is a no go…

any idea when we will see an answer?

Hello Christopher,
I am trying to use ManyCam with Zoom.

The new beta version fixed my problem. ManyCam now is detected in Zoom as “ManyCam Virtual Webcam”. Thank you very much!!!

1 Like

Have you ever gotten this resolved? Killing me here without this being resolved for my App I am using…VIPKID

I’m not using VIPKID. What is your issue? Is it impossible to select the virtual camera in VIPKID or is the FaceTime camera of your MacBook not selectable in ManyCam?

I responded via email

So ,where are we ManyCam?

Hey @David_Winiger

I’m currently looking for a way to test ManyCam + VIPKID, I’ve sent them an email and I’m waiting on a response. Our fix seems to work for most applications so this is an odd situation.

I think you are missing the point…the issue is between the new Apple M1 based laptops and ManyCam…VIPKid has nothing to do with it…you happened to ask what app I was using with many cam…again…just many am by itself does not recognize the new apple designed laptops internal camera!

@David_Winiger Ah sorry about that I misunderstood, I thought you meant compatibility with VIPKID. I’ll have the team check this out one moment.

ok but I hate to lose another day…I am not the only one having this compatibility issue with the new Apple M1 based laptops and ManyCam/

1 Like

@David_Winiger I just checked with two people that have M1 based Macbooks and both were able to add the built in cameras without issue.

Are you getting an error within ManyCam? If so can you please post a screenshot?

EDIT: Also if you try to add the built in and have an issue, can you please collect the log files and send them to me via message.

Hi, I am having the same issue with Google meets. Manycam works on intel zoom. But there is no way to do that to google meets. I think manycam needs to speak to apple about virtual webcams with M1 because other softwares are also having issues.

HI @brev,

Do you have the issue with beta or just regular ManyCam?

Hi i am on the beta. Updating chrome seemed to help. You have to force it to upgrade and not wait for it to ask to.

Just in case it is better to close all apps that use ManyCam (or even reboot) before installing new ManyCam version over old, because old ManyCam camera can be “loaded” by apps.