Issues with MS Teams

Yes I have also experienced this problem. Perhaps its to doo with a new software update. Similarly, after my seemingly successful code has gone through and I open the (signed out) teams I still cannot see another option below FaceTime HD camera. V frustrating please help.

UPDATE

As of version 1.3.00.28778 the process has changed and the above workaround is no longer valid. In order to get this fix working on the latest version of Teams, additional commands will need to be entered. Keep in mind, these commands are relative to where you have Teams installed, so if it is in a different location, you’ll need to adjust the file path accordingly. So as it stands currently here are all of the commands (must be entered one by one and not pasted in one big block) that will need to be entered:

xcode-select --install (only if you haven’t already)
THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT ^^

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper.app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper (GPU).app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper (Plugin).app"

sudo codesign --remove-signature "/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper (Renderer).app"

1 Like

Thanks so much mate. It worked for me :)))

Sorry, I didn’t understand how to do it, I have the “Big sur” version, I’ve already done the xcode-select --install step

FYI, for those that can make do with it, there is another option that doesn’t muck with code signing, using the web browser version of Teams. Was mentioned in this article: https://boinx.com/blog/workarounds-re-activate-virtual-camera-for-microsoft-teams/. I gave it a try and it does indeed work.

Or as that post also suggests, try downgrading Teams to get the feature back (uninstall and reinstall older version if you got a copy of such).

Great that worked for me.