Issues with MS Teams

Hi there,

I’ve been using Manycam succesfully with MS Teams for months now. Suddenly, the virtual webcam is not shown in the camera menu of MS Teams. Unfortunately there´s no opportunity to run ManyCam.

What to do?

Regards, Lars

2 Likes

Hey @Lars_C

This has to do with the latest MS Teams update. It appears they broke virtual webcam support, so no virtual webcam will work with MS Teams unless they fix this, please see this thread: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/7-17-2020-latest-teams-update-breaks-virtual-cameras-microsoft/m-p/1527271

1 Like

This solution from the Microsoft forum worked for me:

had the exact same thing happen to me after updating to the latest version of teams. However, I was able to come up with a solution that resolves the issue entirely. It has to do with how Apple is starting to codesign specific apps to block 3rd party CoreMediaIO plugins. If we remove that codesigning, then it will allow those 3rd party plugins to function again.

The fix is pretty simple. First, completely exit out of Teams, then open Terminal and issue the following two commands:

sudo codesign --remove-signature “/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app”

sudo codesign --remove-signature “/Applications/Microsoft Teams.app/Contents/Frameworks/Microsoft Teams Helper.app”

Once you’ve issued those two commands, open up Teams. It should ask you for an administrator password to allow the (now) unsigned application to access your keychain. Once entering your password and selecting, “Always Allow”, the issue should be resolved. (At least until the next update to teams is released).

1 Like

Thx, I’ll try this workaround.

Hi. Thanks for that, I tested it and it fixed my problem.

I had to drag the two .app files into Terminal to get the link to the file to work, but other than that, ManyCam is fixed and I can use it to bug my colleagues.

Thanks again!