Don't Upgrade to ManyCam 8!

I was testing ManyCam 8 beta and today I have reallized that all my subscriptions DOESN’T WORK WITH ManyCam 8 (and I have 3, standard, studio and premium lifetime all of them). And what is most, there aren’t a lifetime subscription for ManyCam 8.

So, why do you offer me a “lifetime” subscription if it doesn’t work with new versions.

Sorry but it seems unacceptable. Very disappointed.
Ruben

13 Likes

I’m pretty sure the lifetime subscription is for up to 3 activations. You can go to your ManyCam account and de-activate one of your old licenses and the activate a new one. Bottom line is only 3 active licenses at a given time. For me, I was pretty disappointed in ManyCam as the new version doesn’t seem to be much of an improvement over the old. Just a different UI. I moved on to a much more expensive but complete solution for my Windows PC. ManyCam is still there if I need it but I don’t use it much now. The main thing I was hoping for was a MIDI interface to control functions.
Even an API so I could write my own MIDI interface would have been a step in the right direction.

Steve

No, when I try to do, it says my activation is not suitable for ManyCam 8, I have downgraded to MC 7, and activation works again.

2 Likes

I had a similiar problem: I got an upgrade button although my device was shown as registered in Manycam 8 Beta.

After deleting my device in the Manycam Portal and restarting manycam the upgrade button was gone and I was asked for my password. After entering my password the beta works.

But it’s buggy. I tried to change the background and now I am w/o activation again:

I have all 3 subscriptions as well; none is working today, albeit it was yesterday; I have an email from manycam 8 saying manycam lite was included in the studio subscription. I don’t know what is happening.

No, they’ve changed something. WITHOUT telling people.

And I am using Lite, not 8. I’ve never installed any upgrades to Lite and the version I had installed was working fine - until it wasn’t. So either it’s silently upgrading and blocking people out OR it’s not exclusive to 8.

This is a SERIOUS problem.

Now fortunately for me, I never upgraded ManyCam Enterprise (though it still hast he window drag bug). So I’ll have to fall back to it until ManyCam gets this fixed - and they definitely need to. “Lifetime” means something that if not corrected is fair game for lawsuits.

Don’t mind going to whatever other subscription, but it needs to basically credit at least 3 years fresh out the gate or it’s a non-starter.

6 Likes

Same here.

I upgraded some months ago from version 7.8 to ManyCam lite 8.0.

The lite version was showing me the same screen as shared above.

So I tried to install ManyCam 8.0.

But with the same result.

The lifetime subscription is not been accepted :frowning:

1 Like

Oh my! This is really really wrong! I have 2 lifetime subscriptions which I manage (one for my church and one for me) and I received the same error message that my subscription type does not cover ManyCam 8.

They are not even offering a lifetime subscription anymore! If you check the pricing on the ManyCam website, they only go up to 2 years.

If they are changing their business model and not offering any more Lifetime subscriptions, they should have let all their Lifetime subscribers know ahead of time.

Why not simply allow those who previously purchased a Lifetime subscription to ManyCam 8, or maybe give a discount for the 2 year subscription?

I can’t believe they allowed up to BETA test and get used to the new ManyCam 8, then pull it from us!

5 Likes

Looks like they are shafting all lifetime members to me.

Here you can see their FAQ as it was last month: ManyCam Devices & Video sources – ManyCam Help and Support

This clearly says:

Will I get all future versions and updates of ManyCam for free?
ManyCam Lifetime subscription plans. Any paid ManyCam Lifetime subscription allows you to upgrade the ManyCam software for free whenever a newer version of ManyCam is released, i.e. with ManyCam Lifetime, you will get lifetime access to all future versions and updates of the ManyCam application for free, which includes access to the paid ManyCam features available in your subscription plan (Standard, Studio, Premium, Enterprise, Education). ManyCam Lifetime subscription plans are a one-time payment, no renewal or other fees included.

And go and look what they changed it to this month: ManyCam Devices & Video sources – ManyCam Help and Support

All instances of “ManyCam” are replaced with “ManyCam 7”!!!

What a scam.

8 Likes

This is unacceptable. They are screwing anyone who purchased any lifetime subscription.

I will not be purchasing any additional licensing. Anyone have suggestions for a manycam alternative?

2 Likes

@Mike88
I moved to vMIX. It is more expensive and is only supported on Windows but has many more bells and whistles and to me I moved primarily since allowed MIDI control of many things. I use an Akaipro APC-MINI to do my switching etc.

1 Like

MANYCAM 8 is a Rip Off

For all of us who have supported this company with a Premium Lifetime Subscription, of which I had purchased two, I feel very let down that my subscription of a ‘Premium Lifetime’ does not apply to version 8? Yet, for all the other versions up until v7 and its updates it applied. I cant work this one out. How can they charge for a Lifetime Subscription, which at the time included ALL FUTURE UPDATES, now not count with version 8?

Am I the only one who has fallen fowl of this Company? It seems they are Judge, Jury and Executioner when it comes to changing their policies, forgetting their loyal customers who paid good money for them to exist. If this is how they treat their loyal customers, just think what they must be like to work for! I pity their employees. If nothing else, ManyCam has FAILED to honour all customers who purchased a Premium Lifetime Subscription! Shame on you!!!

5 Likes

I only bought ManyCam about a 2 months ago at version 7. I’ve been beta testing version 8 with my version 7 license for the past month. I was shocked too to realize that my license was deactivated inside my beta version. It wasn’t until I started doing some deep digging in their terms and conditions that it said that a lifetime purchase only applies to the version you bought. In other words if you bought version 6 it only applies to all the updates in version 6. Whether or not they just updated that terms and policy just now or not I don’t know. But I do feel very disappointed in the fact that I didn’t even own version 7 that long I. And I purchased also the premium that comes with the help. And the thing that bothers me the most is are they gonna fix all the problems in version 7 that are still outstanding? Or they only can apply them to version 8? Also, notice that you can’t buy a Lifetime version anymore. It is either monthly, annual, or a 2 year plan. I am currently looking at XSplit.

This is from their sales_policy agreement:
https://manycam.com/sales_policy/

Lifetime Licenses

Lifetime Licenses give you perpetual access to the version of ManyCam that was available when you purchased. For example, ManyCam 6 Lifetime gives you all ManyCam 6.X updates but not access to the next version, ManyCam 7, etc.

According to “The Way Back Machine” website: ManyCam | Live video software & Virtual Webcam, there is no Lifetime Policy section. And this was April 18th, 2022.

I purchased my product on April 25, 2022. The bottom line, I should be grandfathered into the policy I agreed with. LIFETIME !!!

2 Likes

I’ve had it confirmed by customer support that lifetime licenses are not, and will not, be included in ManyCam 8. They say this has come with ManyCam’s change of ownership.

"If you are a current Lifetime subscription holder, you still have Lifetime access to both ManyCam 7 as well as ManyCam Lite, which still possess all the features you know and love. To access the new and improved ManyCam 8 version, you must have an active yearly or 2 year subscription. "

They have given me a free 1 year license to ManyCam 8 as part of their loyalty program, which is better than nothing, but still disappointing they’ve taken this route. So worth putting in a complaint to get that.

For those wanting to go back, links are:
ManyCam 7
ManyCam Lite

5 Likes

Today I checked it again as the support told me that they will apply a patch.

Looks like my lifetime licenses are now accepted by ManyCam Light. But not yet by ManyCam 8.

In my eyes this is still not what they promised us in there FAQs [1] as mentioned already above.

I am not an expert in legal questions. But my feelings say: Changing the policy in such a way is not allowed

[1]

Here you can see their FAQ as it was last month: ManyCam Devices & Video sources – ManyCam Help and Support

This clearly says:

Will I get all future versions and updates of ManyCam for free?
ManyCam Lifetime subscription plans. Any paid ManyCam Lifetime subscription allows you to upgrade the ManyCam software for free whenever a newer version of ManyCam is released, i.e. with ManyCam Lifetime, you will get lifetime access to all future versions and updates of the ManyCam application for free, which includes access to the paid ManyCam features available in your subscription plan (Standard, Studio, Premium, Enterprise, Education). ManyCam Lifetime subscription plans are a one-time payment, no renewal or other fees included.

4 Likes

Agreed with all the above. This is outrageous behaviour!
A premium Lifetime License must remain exactly as what was sold to us. I have multiple licenses, which have all effectively been cancelled by this update.

I will not be paying for an additional license, and expect my current licenses to be honoured.

4 Likes

Feels like ManyCam scammed us with the “lifetime” subscription. I have studio lifetime and it simply doesn’t work with ver.8.0

3 Likes

On a thread I started about subs in the help forum, Paul_2022 replied:
Paul_2022

They fixed it!!! They replied back to my email inquiry and said it was a temporary glitch. Any case, I was able to activate it this morning.

========================
Can anyone else verify they are able to re-activate their lifetime sub in MC8?

I received an email because I emailed support about this a couple of days ago. It is not fixed. They are offering previous Lifetime members, under their Loyalty program, a free 1 year subscription to ManyCam 8.

2 Likes

As of at least 1:30am this morning, this email was going out to lifetime subscription holders who emailed support:

| Hi there,

Thank you for your request. With ManyCam’s change of ownership, we will no longer be selling Lifetime subscriptions. If you are a current Lifetime subscription holder, you still have Lifetime access to both ManyCam 7 as well as ManyCam Lite, which still possess all the features you know and love. To access the new and improved ManyCam 8 version, you must have an active yearly or 2 year subscription.

As a part of our loyalty program, we would like to grant you 1 year of ManyCam 8 Annual for free, which covers all ManyCam 8 versions and updates.

• This offer is completely free of charge (no extra payment is required).
  • Your original subscription will not be terminated if you take advantage of this offer.
  • The free subscription provided within this offer covers all ManyCam products starting ManyCam 7.

To take advantage of this offer:

1. Navigate to ManyCam App Settings > Subscriptions and press Refresh.

2. Find a newly added 1-year subscription on the list and enable it.

Download links:

Thank you for understanding!

Best Regards,
ManyCam Support|

1 Like