17 July 2020
After a single use in Zoom. the ManyCam Virtual Cam instance has disappeared - from Zoom and all other relevant applications.
Here’s a more detailed view:
firstly, the environment…
- MacBook Pro/Mac OS Catalina v10.15.5
- iPhone 11 ProMax (via NPI)/iOS 13.6
- iPad Pro 12.9 (via NPI)/iOS 13.6
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920
- ManyCam Studio Lifetime v188.8.131.52
- NPI Virtual Input v1.0 (1)
- Zoom: v5.1.2 (28648.0705)
- Skype v184.108.40.206
- Microsoft Teams v1.3.00.15561
- Cisco WebEx v220.127.116.11
- Aside from the (very) recent addition of ManyCam to this environment, the hardware/software platforms are very stable. All of the hardware/firmware/software components are current, up-to-date, and otherwise non-problematic.
Now the issue…
- After using the Demo (Free) version, I performed an Uninstall, purchased the Studio Lifetime edition, performed a clean install, activated the Subscription, and restarted the MacBook Pro.
- Launched ManyCam, set up several presets and combinations of video sources - one with only the Logitech USB webcam, others with both the Logitech webcam and NPI devices (iPhone and iPad Pro’s as previously described), and one with a Lower Third banner.
- Launched Skype, and the Virtual Cam device appeared in the Devices drop-down. Selected the VirtualCam device, and Quit. Note: the Devices pick list was very slow to load vs. prior to the ManyCam installation.
- Launched Zoom, and the Virtual Cam device appeared in the Devices drop-down. Selected the VirtualCam device, and Quit. Note: the Devices pick list was very slow to load vs. prior to the ManyCam installation.
- Navigated back to ManyCam, and the application froze. Restarted the MacBook Pro, relaunched ManyCam, deleted the Profiles and created a single Profile with only the Logitech as a single video source.
- Launched Skype: no Virtual Cam device appeared.
- Launched Zoom: no Virtual Cam device appeared.
- Launched Microsoft Teams: no Virtual Cam device appeared.
This condition has been reproduced after numerous applications quits and MacBook Pro restarts.
My take on "what just happened"
While admittedly new to ManyCam, this incident has the aroma of file/config/preference/settings corruption, but humility rules the day, (every day), and your collective expertise is greatly appreciated.
My questions, and request for a solution(s)
- What is the scenario that causes the Virtual Cam device to disappear across all applications?
- What is the configuration/preference/setting that might have caused this condition?
- What are the steps to rectify and reliably stabilize the environment?
- A diagnostic/decision tree that can help avoid symptom tracking becoming a mysterious art form and turning into a black hole of time would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, regards, & best of health to all,