Virtual webcam not working in GoToMeeting (Windows 10)

Greetings.

I’m a new user of ManyCam and quite happy with the product, with one important exception: it is effectively unusable with GoToMeeting.

Nine times out of ten, the virtual webcam is inaccessible when starting or joining a GTM meeting (so is the USB camera, of course, since ManyCam is using it). In the GTM preview window, I am presented with an endlessly spinning wait cursor:

I’m aware from scanning these forums that related problem have been reported over the course of the past year. I do not, however, see any indication that they have been resolved.

I have raised the issue with the GTM folks at LogMeIn, but have not yet received a response.

Any guidance or assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Additional note: I’ve just discovered that ManyCam wouldn’t work for me in a Zoom meeting I was asked to join. In this case, I had to reboot the system before I could access the physical USB camera (I may have missed a relevant process while trying to kill all the ManyCam related stuff in the Task Manager, of course).

Hi qlency, Agreed as your screen grab shows, the GoToMeeting camera Preview doesn’t work. But when you’ve Joined the GoToMeeting, a single Camera off/on toggle makes it work.

Not always. I use GoToMeeting on a daily basis and have problems with ManyCam since they updated the version with the new interface. I hope this can be fixed from the ManyCam side.

Yes, after trying Narundi’s workaround and having it work successfully several times, it failed to work yesterday in a GTM meeting. I had to shut down the processes associated with both ManyCam and GTM and then launch everything over again.

Hey @qluency

We have isolated the issue, but won’t be able to fix it as it is on GTM’s end.

Thank you, Mikhail.

Both companies have pretty much the same response on this one: It’s the other guy’s problem.

Oh, well, hardly unusual in the digital world.

Early in January 2021, GoToMeeting issued a new version of their Desktop App ( v10.15.0, b19228).
This has made ManyCam INOPERABLE as a video feed to the GoToMeeting Desktop App.
ManyCam does work with the GoToMeeting Web (Browser) version. But the GTM Web version is not as capable as the Desktop App.
The only work-around I’ve found is to interpose SplitCam between ManyCam & GoToMeeting.
(i.e. Video path is Webcam->ManyCam->SplitCam->GoToMeeting)
Though clumsy it does work very well.

This raises the observation: If The SplitCam/GoToMeeting interface works so well, some/all of inadequacy lies with ManyCam (it’s not all GTM’s fault).

So ManyCam please fix your Video feed interface methodology so it works with GoToMeeting!

In the past selecting real web-camera in GoToMeeting and then switching back to ManyCam Virtual Webcam was a workaround. Can you try it in the new version?

Hi IEO, I ran several tests. But could not get that to work.
I tried starting GTM; then pre-password, selected my Webcam, after which I started ManyCam: that fails because ManyCam sees the WebCam is use by another program.
Also tried several other sequences which all resulted in the never-ending circle of dots when GTM is waiting for video.
If there is an exact sequence you want me to try, please let me know.

Hi IEO,
I’ve done some more testing on ManyCam 7.8.1.16:

1. Selecting the real Webcam, then back to ManyCam does not work. The Preview of the real webcam is blank (as if ManyCam has exclusive access to the WebCam).
    In GTM, ManyCam still shows the rotating dots.
  2. I Uninstalled & Re-installed SplitCam: curiously, if SplitCam is installed but not running GTM then works with ManyCam (both for preview and live). With only one level of video adjustments, this arrangement is simpler.
  3. Perhaps if there is a video equivalent to EarTrumpet I might see the Video interface allocations.

Hi @Narundi,
What works for me:

1. Create the 2nd ManyCam Camera (you need a subscription for that):
  2. In GoToMeeting switch between 2 devices and it will start to work

Hi IEO,
I’ve been using your suggestion (2 ManyCam virtual cameras) with GoToMeeting.
Pro: It is easier to set up than routing the video through a 3rd party program.
Note: I have not yet Uninstalled SplitCam.
Cons: Two I’ve identified (which may be functionally related):

1. After Preview before Joining GTM (which often requires selecting the ‘other’ camera), the actual Join blanks the video feed. Toggling the ‘Camera’ Enable does not fix it, GTM Settings have to be used to again change the Webcam source.
  2. During a GTM meeting, after the Webcam is Disabled, Enable gives a black Attendee rectangle. As with Join, GTM Settings have to be used to again elect the alternate camera. Although this takes only seconds, it is a distraction to the ManyCam users and to others.
    Bottom Line: I assume you have located the cause of the issue; on balance I’d choose to use the SplitCam intermediary and avoid having to switch ‘cameras’ during the session.

Hi @Narundi

Please try out beta: ManyCam | Live video software & Virtual Webcam

1. In Settings → General activate new option
  2. Restart GoToMeeting
  3. Select new “ManyCam Video Device” in the list of cameras in GoToMeeting.

Note: this feature is beta.

02-Apr-21: Installed the Beta and have done first live usage with "ManyCam Video Device”: No problems to report.
I will remove the Dummy Webcam (which I had used as the work-around) and continue testing.
Narundi (Roger)

15Apr21: Hi IEO, Interface between ManyCam & GoToMeeting has worked perfectly since Beta was installed…
However, still get occasional ManyCam Crashes: 15-Apr-21 09:06:21 Event Log, Event ID: 1000:
Faulting application name: ManyCam.exe, version: 7.8.5.4, time stamp: 0x6064686f
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x82dc99a2
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0009eddb
Faulting process id: 0x5404
Faulting application start time: 0x01d731fb3b2b2ce6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ManyCam\ManyCam.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: bd48bc4a-4313-4a67-b452-0ebc81a89edb
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Thanks for your help, Narundi (Roger)

@Narundi,
Please upload the crash dump file ManyCam.exe.***.dmp from C:\ProgramData\ManyCam\CrashDumps somewhere (e.g. Google drive) and send us the link to [email protected]

Hey @Narundi

We have received your crash dumps, thank you, and we currently looking into the problem. In the meantime, could you please try disabling HTML notifications and check if the issue persists?

HTML Notifications now Disabled (22-Apr-21).
I will monitor and advise you of results.
Narundi (Roger)