Video freezing constantly

For the past few weeks, manycam (latest version, macos 11.1) will periodically freeze the video during a zoom call. If I reboot, it works fine for several days, then it starts freezing again. Restarting manycam or deleting and readding the webcam will unfreeze for only a few minutes.

Anyone else seeing this?

just an update - manycam is spiking 100%+ on CPU load (2019 MBP 16). Switching between internal GPU and eGPU doesn’t help. Switching buffer size doesn’t help. The only thing that fixes it for a while is rebooting the machine.

I am not sure how MacOS processes work, however on Windows what I found is by killing the virtual Manycam process it resets it for me and the CPU usage is fine. For some reason if it stays open too long it starts to use more and more CPU. I am guessing some of my other apps, like teams, discord, skype etc are trying to access it in the background causing it to happen.

On the odd occasion, my camera is taken over by facebook (even though I didn’t use it on facbeook) somehow and it keep crashing ManyCams, therefore I will need a reboot or three lol with all programs closed first before Manycams stays open.

I found this. Quick fix (I’m on Mac) without having to restart the software is to go to the screen resolution chooser at the top right and switch it quickly (e.g. 720p to 1080p and back again…might not even have to switch - maybe just click the same resolution). Seems to remove the glitch instantly.

It usually freezes for me when I do something else during a call (e.g. =opening another app or something like that).

re: CPU… not sure - but would probably agree with above re: “I am guessing some of my other apps, like teams, discord, skype etc are trying to access it in the background causing it to happen.”

Might help?

Hmmm. I’ll try killing the ManyCamVideoDeviceAgent and see if that helps next time.

Tried that and no joy, only rebooting seems to work.