V8.2 Video is slow and not synced with audio

Hello and thanks in advance for your help!

HELP! :grinning:

I just purchased ManyCam 8.2 to record some brief (1 minute or less) videos for marketing purposes at work.

While this camera works great for Teams and Zoom, and Iā€™ve recorded with it on VidYard and VMaker with no issues, I purchased ManyCam for its ability to provide virtual backgrounds. Iā€™m using a greenscreen.

The problem is that even without recording, if I just look at the camera and speak, there is a latency. This makes no sense to me. I should see myself in real-time.

When recording, this latency produces a useless video. Iā€™ve wasted over 3 hours today (that I couldnā€™t spare to waste) trying to resolve this, but have been unable to.

The help section recommends using a single buffer. This didnā€™t help.

It also recommends turning off hardware acceleration altogether. This resulted in the program crashing after restarting automatically and every time I tried to restart it.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the program twice and have had no luck in resolving this.

Please help me ASAP to record smooth videos with a virtual background. Iā€™m in trouble at work for not getting these videos out to prospects as instructed. Iā€™m already way behind!

Running the latest version of Windows 10. All devices are up-to-date and working properly, including video and sound cards. Using a 1080p camera with built-in microphone.

Good luck with getting support to do anything about the audio sync. They have done nothing for me but give useless instructions or ignore my requests for help.

I bought many cam for the ā€œpriority/premium supportā€ - so far, the support has been painfully disappointing.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Skyler! Since youā€™re the only one who has, let me ask you, when you are running ManyCam and are not actively recording, is the image you see ā€œreactingā€ in real time, or is there a delay between when you move or say something, and what you see in the camera window?

I cannot figure out why itā€™s doing this, or how to fix it, and this camera operates normally in all other instances / applications.