Syphon or virtual webcam for DSLR/Mirrorless?

Curious if Manycam can take in Syphon video? I’m using https://github.com/v002/v002-Camera-Live to connect with my Canon SL2, it works great on OBS for example with the Syphon feature, as well as Ecamm Live. I love Manycam and we use it for live-streaming, and would love to use my SL2 on USB with it.

Thanks, Ben

1 Like

+1
would love to use my SL2 with it.

This is a vital functionality for many setups. It should be included ASAP

I use my canon Eos 70D like this. Install the free app Camtwist. It handles syphon and you can use Camera Live and Camtwist together and then use Camtwist as a camera in ManyCam. Ofc it would be easier if we could do that without Camtwist I agree, but it works!

I’ve used Camtwist with it as well… but it’s cumbersome being 2 extra layers of software… Camera Live > Camtwist > Manycam > Browser virtual webcam!

Ecamm Live is just… Ecamm live then virtual webcam. Amazingly simple. But their monthly plan is too high in my opinion, plus I like Manycam better anyways. Would be amazing to have Manycam support this feature.

1 Like

Hi Montis, I use exactly the same setup as you (Canon camera + CamTwist + ManyCam). However, I didn’t see CamTwist in ManyCam app. Do you have any idea how to fix it? Could you please let me know where the CamTwist is shown at your ManyCam app?Thank you in advance.

Exactly the same for me. It seems my manycam does not accept virtual webcam input - neither from Camtwist, nor from NDI Tools virtual webcam. Why?

1 Like

I purchased the lifetime studio edition, willing to pay to not have to fiddle with OBS. BUT I now need to either purchase an external USB webcam or switch back to OBS due to not having a siphon client to use my Canon EOS 1100D.
Please add siphon client support, otherwise I need to make a choice, more money or refund and back to OBS.

Hey @Oliver

NDI input will be available soon. Support NDI Input (and output, why not?)

For what it’s worth, Canon has released their EOS webcam utility, now available on Mac. I’ve tried it out, works well with Chrome, haven’t tried Firefox. However, it doesn’t show up in Manycam as a source… would be AMAZING to see a Canon camera as a source via their virtual webcam driver, or some other kind of driver. The quality of DSLR or mirrorless as a webcam is killer.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/eos-webcam-utility/

3 Likes

Hello Oliver, I’m new, it’s that problem already fixed?
Tks Bro!

Hello, does ManyCam recognize your canon if using a video capture as CamLink?

Good question, I have not used an Elgato CamLink with ManyCam before. Sorry, I don’t have an answer.

Will anyone from ManyCam let us know if you are EVER going to update the software (as OBS, and Zoom has) to allow DSLR cameras with virtual apps to show up as a camera source? Sony & Canon both have virtual apps that allow their cameras to be used as a webcam. The apps work great on OBS and Zoom, but not ManyCam.

Will you PLEASE be updating so people can use higher quality cameras?

Hey @pattylyons,

My Canon DSLR Camera (EOS 250D / Rebel SL3 / Kiss X10) works perfectly in ManyCam for Windows.

I used this software: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/eos-webcam-utility/ and this instruction https://allthings.how/eos-webcam-utility-not-working-heres-a-quick-fix/

Not sure about macOS thouht.

Thanks. I am on Mac Big Sur. I tried the Sony DSLR with it’s webcam utility. The webcam works perfectly on Zoom. On ManyCam, it shows up, but will not connect. Just a black screen (just like SnapCam).

I was hoping they would fix this soon. People have been using DSLR cameras as web cameras for a long time yet and ManyCam just doesn’t seem to care about mac users.

@pattylyons Which version of ManyCam do you run?

The current version for mac 7.8.5.4

So, we are celebrating the 2 year anniversary of asking when Manycam is going to join the rest of the virtual word and work with DSRL cameras. Anyone, anyone.

The DSLR cameras like Sony and Canon have created apps that TURN THE CAMERA INTO A WEBCAM.

Is there a reason that ManyCam is the only site NOT compatible with virtual camera apps? Did you read the list of apps that work with the Cannon EOS web camera app???

The app TURNS THE DSLR camera into a webcam which is why it works with Zoom, Cisco Webex, FB Messenger, Streamlabs, Discord, MS Teams, YouTube Live, FB Live, OBS, Skype, Google Hangouts, Slack . . . literally everyone but Manycam!!

PLEASE update ManyCam so it will recognize virtual cameras! This is the wave of the future and this will leave ManyCam in the dust if they can’t get on board. People want to broadcast and record with high quality cameras.

Look at the list of apps that work with the Cannon. See anyone missing??? Canon U.S.A., Inc. | EOS Webcam Utility

@pattylyons

I’ve just installed EOS webcam utility and see it as a webcam option in ManyCam. ManyCam should see other virtual cameras.

In order to see the video feed, I had to change option “Start EOS …” to “Do not launch …” and Quit EOS Utility (EOS Utility is not the same as EOS webcam utility and only one can be used at once).