Screen Capture Resolution?

Hello,

My original Screen Resolution is HD: 1920x1080.

However, when captured by Manycam, the resolution seems much lower. Please see the two images below.

So the questions are:

• Does Manycam support HD Screen Capturing?
  • If yes, then how can I do it?

Pic 1: original screen resolution

Pic 2: captured by manycam

Thank you !

TP

I have a similar problem. The screen is 1920x1080, same as manycam’s virtual camera. Image loogs good in manycam’s main window but the output is blurred.

I feed manycam into blackboard collaborate ultra and there is where I see the loss in resolution. collaborate works fine with other virtual cameras and with screen sharing, but not with manycam.

My manycam is 7.4.0.22, I use chrome for blackboard, and windows 7.

I wonder whether screen capture is optimized for display on manycam rather than on the virtual camera.

Hey @csaptu

The image you see in ManyCam is a preview that is downscaled. When you select ManyCam on other apps, the outputted video should not be blurred.

Please also note that you can select the high resolution in ManyCam and it will output the video feed to ManyCam Virtual Webcam respectively, in HD.
However, applications such as Zoom may deliberately reduce the video quality despite they receive the video from ManyCam Virtual Webcam in HD and at a high frame rate. Unfortunately, ManyCam cannot manipulate the video feed once it’s sent to a third-party app, therefore you may observe a decrease in quality on the receiving end.