Not Detecting Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder?

My setup is this:
Canon EOS 7D Mark ii > HDMI cable > Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder > Thunderbolt 2 cable > MacBook Pro 2014.

It doesn’t show up as an available webcam in ManyCam. However, it does work ok in OBS.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

I am having the same issue with the UltraStudio Mini Recorder. I have a different camera but it works in OBS just won’t show up as a camera option in ManyCam.

@ieo Is this a known issue?

@Bramh,
Quick googling shows that Blackmagic is not compatible with AVFoundation (native Apple capture framework that we use in ManyCam). It looks like we need to implement Desktop Video SDK from blackmagic, but maybe they have a CoreMediaIO DAL plugin that can be installed to your system.

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=107356

It would be great if you could implement Desktop Video SDK from blackmagic. I purchased ManyCam lifetime but now I’m stuck with using OBS which can’t be used with many video chat services so it makes me have to do preview on second screen and do the screenshare workaround.

I have the same issue (with a Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K) and we’ve just bought an Enterprise license but now we’re unable to use it with out Blackmagic equipment. Please implement their Desktop Video SDK!

@Bramh @zkx,

Please contact Blackmagic at first and ask to provide a CoreMediaIO plugin for your cards. I believe they should have it as a part of some software. If not, let us know.

Edit: it seems that you need to install BM Desktop Video, take it here https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/

I am having the same issue. Hi Manycam. Looks like a lot of people want to use your product but cannot without your help. Any updates on getting this to work?

I would like this as well!

I have Blackmagic Desktop Video installed, but continue to be unable to select it as a source in Manycam.

Same problem here: BlackMagic video input does not show up in ManyCam. It does work in OBS. I tried a workaround by running OBS as a virtual cam, but of course ManyCam does not support virtual cams. Why keep pointing your finger to BlackMagic for a a solution? Even Facebook Live supports BM capture devices AND virtual cameras. I just purchased a premium lifetime license and it’s pretty much useless. OBS is free and they support these sources!! Sure ManyCam has it’s pro’s vs OBS, but not being able to use professional camera’s in combination with a capture device seems ridiculous.

ieo,

you keep saying that, but installing BM desktop does not work

@DKM,

Please try the latest beta (v 7.4): https://manycam.com/beta/

It seems to be working for OBS virtual cam, thanks! Will BM support, so I don’t need OBS anymore, be added in the future?

@DKM, can you please confirm that BM still doesn’t work in the beta?

It works! Nice job! My Black Magic design interface shows up under “video sources/webcam. Thanks!

2 Likes

Any updates on this? I have the BM Ultra Studio and latest BM DVS. I have audio problems. MayCam does get video from BM but no audio. Other apps capture audio. What’s going on?