Manycam is not working on OmeTV / Chatalternate

When i try to go on OmeTV/chatalternative.com it says: The chat users are prohibited from using ManyCam program. Please delete prohibited program and restart the chat.

Also when changing the webcam name or when i add more virtual webcams with the ‘‘Standard Anual’’ option i payed for

For me Manycam is useless now… any solution?

1 Like

hey @JuliaAmsterdam,

Welcome to the ManyCam community. Try the follwing:

1. Go to Windows Sound settings and disable the ManyCam Virtual Microphone as shown in this screenshot:
  2. Install Firefox and try accessing the websites again. Make sure to restart the browser each time you rename the webcam.

Still not working and the same problem. I also never selected the Manycam virtual mic at the choice sector at that website. But also when disable it in settings of my laptop nothing changed. I also tried it at Firefox and even Chrome and Opera (to be sure it was not a browser problem)…

So… what now?

Even though ManyCam Virtual Microphone is not selected as your microphone, this does not prevent you from being banned because this site has access to your list of devices, including all mics and webcams so it does know that you have it, hence disabling the ManyCam microphone is mandatory to make this work.

Here’s what you need to do:

1. Close Firefox and make sure it’s not listed on Device Manager,
  2. Disable the ManyCam microphone on Windows settings as I suggested above,
  3. Rename ManyCam Virtual Webcam in ManyCam’s Settings and make sure to save the changes by pressing Edit, when picking the name, go with something like Logitech C615,
  4. Restart ManyCam,
  5. Now run FireFox and try again.
1 Like

Still not working. On Chrome and Opera still got the ‘’ The chat users are prohibited from using ManyCam program. Please delete prohibited program and restart the chat.’’

On Mozilla i can select the virtual cam (when i change the name and turn the mic complete off in settings as you said)… I also first got a black screen with ‘‘you have denied acces to your services.Your partners will not able to see and hear your’’. And then when i reselect my self renamed virtual cam i see myself. But something still doesnt go well because when i search people i see myself but everbody skips me and send no messages so they dont see me somehow (tested it at 100+ persons). Also my text messages dont come to the people. While when i dont use Manycam but my original cam they dont skip all and some are chatting and the conversation is possible…

So what now?

Hi @JuliaAmsterdam,

Please open chrome://settings/content/camera in Chrome and post here list of your cameras:

Also please share the list of cameras in ManyCam:

1 Like

BTW,

Renaming ManyCam Virtual Webcam in Chrome is fixed in ManCam 7.0, try out: https://download.manycam.com/

You still need to disable the ManyCam mic though.

Best, :raccoon:

Hello is there any update? Have the same Problem, just installed Manycam and cannot use Ome.tv anymore. even i try the solution you mention. Need to uninstall Manycam again to get Ome.tv working again?

thanks for your fast help

Just tried and it works for me. Steps:

1. Close FireFox (and other apps that may use ManyCam e.g, Chrome, Skype)

2. Rename Manycam Virtual Webcam to “Logitech C615” (it’s better to use ManyCam 7)
    Make sure you don’t add new camera, but rename existing one. You also need any subscription to do this.

3. Disable ManyCam Virtual Mic

4. Plug another mic or camera with mic to your PC

5. Open FireFox and ome .tv

6. Select Logitech C615 and the mic from 4. And voilà:

1 Like

Still don’t work on MAC i changed the name of the camera i disabled the mic and still when i log in this what happened !!!

Someone helps!
i have manycam 7 on mac

1 Like

Hi @alex_armesko,

Just wonder, how did you disable the mic on mac?

Anyway, there is another option that may work, but I don’t recommend it, do it at your own risk! It is removing ManyCam Virtual Microphone:

1. Close ManyCam, FireFox and any other apps that may use ManyCam.
  2. In Terminal type (will ask for Admin password):
    sudo rm -rf /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/ManyCam*
  3. Then type:
    sudo killall coreaudiod
  4. Rename ManyCam Virtual Webcam in ManyCam app (requires a subscription)
  5. Open ome .tv in FireFox and select renamed camera and a mic (the site is weird, you may need to select camera twice or mark “Rememder …”. Also switching mic at the bottom of video feed should help)
  6. If you need the mic back, just reinstall ManyCam.

:warning:Warning: I don’t know what issues may happen due to removal of the mic.Also, all other apps will not have access to ManyCam Virtual Microphone too.

The steps above worked for me, but I had to switch the mic in the right bottom dropdown though.

Still not working look at the video i posted when i click permissions the manycam popup but there is a second time when the manycam don’t show popup??
can u fix this ? i cant use a program that i payed for!!
I trued chrome don’t works…

@alex_armesko,

Try to select ManyCam in lower right corner (see my screenshot). BTW ManyCam doesn’t work in current Chrome, use Firefox instead.

I dont have this option in firefox :frowning:

i pay for something i can’t use very bad customer respond !!

Hi just wanted to say that it’s working now. Took me a long time to figure it out, though. So with the Many Mic deactivate is right and also give Many Cam a different name. But still it had never worked.
Sometime by coincidence my real webcam was taken off and look as it works, webcam on it and it didn’t work again. So if you want to use Manycam then always turn off other webcams.

How to trun off the buldin mac camera?

??? can i get my money back!!

I’ve discovered that this works (at least with Chrome and Firefox). What I did was went to the device manager and right clicked the camera (not manycam, but the actual camera) and clicked “disable”… I think it makes the websites think that manycam is your real cam since your real cam is disabled? Just a guess.

Oddly, though - I can’t get this to work in the Opera browser. It gives error with camera message. Is anyone able to successfully use manycam with the opera browser?

How to delete this thing from my google, I can’t use any program whit cam, only if I use manycam, I deleted the app, and I want to delete it from my google too, how???