ManyCam freezing when clicking the "eye" next to GIFS

We are having a huge issue across many Online Teachers where ManyCam will freeze when we “unhide” GIF’s in our selected list. Hundreds of teachers are reporting the same thing. If you select a gif from your effects, it is fine…but then you cannot have it prepared ahead of time to show up in the size and location you may want if using multiple.

There needs to be a fix to prevent it from freezing.

Hi @Paige_J,

Are you able to attach an example of GIF that doesn’t work? Thanks.

:raccoon:

There is not a specific GIF, as there are hundreds of us using different GIF’s (I run the ManyCam group for my company’s teachers).

Many are reporting this with many GIF’s. If you “unhide it” ManyCam freezes and you need to do a cntrl+alt+delete to get into your task manager to shut it down and reopen, which is detrimental to our classes.

Beating-multicolour-ruby_christmas-star

Hi @Paige_J,

It would be very helpful if you could additionally answer these questions:

1. Do you group many GIF effects into one preset (they appear then in the “Group” folder)? If yes how many effects at once?
  2. Does it freeze for 1-2 seconds or completely?

Thanks.

No, they are simply on the list of selected effects. (I am actually not familiar with seeing any effects be in group folder, nor have I ever set them up as a group). Just selected effects along the side.

It freezes completely.

Hi @Paige_J,

I got it.
Please try 7.0.7 version that should fix the freezing issue: ManyCam | Live video software & Virtual Webcam
Let me know if it works.

:raccoon:

Hi @Paige_J,

Did it help?