Issues with going live in facebook groups

So I wish I knew this before purchasing the whole year im so glad I didn’t do lifetime.

streamyard and belive allow you to select all groups on facebook while in manycans you have to manage the groups. which makes no sense since manycams is picking up groups Im not even a moderator on. its a freaking pain to have to ask permission for groups to add the app in!! there must be a way around this or else having manycams will be pointless. the group im live in is my life blood.

1 Like

Hey @Shanita_Miller

1. Relogin to Facebook both in ManyCam and in the browser.
  2. Then go to Facebook -> Settings -> Apps and delete ManyCam
  3. Then follow the instructions provided in this article: https://help.manycam.com/knowledge-base/how-to-stream-to-facebook-live-with-manycam/​

Let me know if this helped.

Hi Mikhail

I am having the same issues; I cannot pick my FB group. The link you provided in step 3 gives a 404 error. Can you help please? The FB Group is very important for my business.

Many thanks and have a great day!
Blanca

1 Like

I am also having the same issue. The groups list will show me a bunch of groups but none that I own. There is no point in me having this software if this continues and I will be requiring a refund for both of my subscriptions if it is not resolved.

@blanca

Must have pasted the link incorrectly, try this one https://help.manycam.com/knowledge-base/how-to-stream-to-facebook-live-with-manycam/

1 Like

Hi Mikhail

Thanks for the link. I followed your instructions to @Shanita_Miller and all the steps in the link. However, the same problem remains: I see groups that I am not managing, and the one that I am managing does not appear.
I really don’t know what to do. Can you please help?

Many thanks
Blanca

1 Like

Hey @blanca

Please follow this procedure:

1. Log out from Facebook in ManyCam
  2. Log in to Facebook in your browser and go to FacebookSettingsApps and delete the ManyCam app
  3. Then follow the instructions provided in this article.
  4. Go back to ManyCam and log into Facebook again. In this step, when re-granting access to your account, make sure to click Choose what you allow and select the groups you need.

This should fix the problem.

Dear Mikhail

Thank you for getting back to me. We are getting closer to identifying the issue. I followed all the steps and the problem is with step #4:

Go back to ManyCam and log into Facebook again. In this step, when re-granting access to your account, make sure to click Choose what you allow and select the groups you need.

When I log into FB in ManyCam, it only opens a browser tab with a certain URL which then redirects to this URL:
https://manycam.com/site/softwarestreaminglogin/?service=facebook#_=_

The webpage says “You’ve sucessfully connected with Facebook”.

I do not get the option Choose what you allow ; not in ManyCam, not in the browser.

I followed the steps several times, but I do not see that option unfortunately.

Can you help please?

Have a great day,
Blanca

Hey @blanca

Sorry for the confusion. It seems that in Step 2, you need to delete the ManyCam app from Business Integrations instead.

Can you please try that?

The entire procedure is as follows:

1. Log out from Facebook in ManyCam
  2. Log in to Facebook in your browser and go to FacebookSettingsBusiness Integrations and delete the ManyCam app
  3. Then follow the instructions provided in this article .
  4. Go back to ManyCam and log into Facebook again. In this step, when re-granting access to your account, make sure to click Choose what you allow and select the groups you need.

So I am already annoyed with getting this setup.

1. I see quite a few groups in the list to stream to – but none of them are the ones I manage! I only care about streaming my own FB groups – and I can’t find a way to add them to the list.

2. I upgraded this morning thinking I now have the ability to stream to 4 things simultaneously – when I try to add go live on both youtube and FB it tells me I have to upgrade. What gives?!

Just about to Call Visa and cancel my charge.

Did anyone ever get this to work? I have been trying for weeks. I have completed every step at least a dozen times with no results. It seems I can post to any group in the world except my own.

I finally got it ! If you’re in many groups, Manycam will load just a few of them, not the whole list. When you authorize many cam, and choose what you allow, make sure not to allow ONLY groups you really want to use with Manycam. That way, you’re sure they will appear in the list once you want to go live.

Hi There!

Streaming to groups has been improved, please check (don’t need to upgrade manycam).