Is ManyCam a dead product?

I’ve been a heavy ManyCam user since ManyCam 7. There were bug fixes and improvements being made every few weeks. This user forum was very active and email support for licensed users was very responsive.

There are serious bugs in ManyCam 8 that Support has responded to by saying that they are looking into them but could not estimate when they would be fixed. @Ragnar usually responds to problems raised by forum members by providing instructions on how to capture system dumps and forward them on to Support - but there is no evidence of any solutions being found.

I am aware of no updates to either ManyCam 7 or ManyCam 8 since the company changed ownership last summer. It would be great if someone could give us a factual assessment of where the company is at these days. From my perspective, ManyCam appears to be a dead product - though I hope that isn’t true.

2 Likes

A major update of ManyCam 8 for macOS with new virtual camera is expected soon.
A minor update with bug fixes for all platforms is also expected (sorry, but no update with IP-camera source).

BTW You can track new releases here: https://manycam.com/win_changes/

Interesting in that when I check for updates within ManyCam 8 it reports it is up to date, even though it is many revisions behind. Are the updates listed in your reference in beta or are they in production?

Also interesting that nobody is fixing all of the problems with H.264 IP cameras but they are adding support for H.265 IP cameras. I downloaded the latest version of ManyCam and am still experiencing all of the problems and bugs since version 8 was introduced.

A shame that nobody is focusing on fixing these well documented issues.

Updates by the link are in production, not in beta.
Yes, ManyCam reports new version after it receives a lot of installs to be sure it’s stable enough to update everyone.

Please list the issues you want to be fixed (I know you reported IP-Cam).

IP camera support is my most critical issue with ManyCam, @Ragnar .

We recently ‘dumbed down’ our church service broadcast from using a dozen IP RTSP streams fed into about 30 presets to just 6 IP RTSP streams in 6 presets. I would define multiple streams from the same camera so I could crop the stream for a limited number of presets, but I have eliminated all of those for simplicity.

Unfortunately, the feeds from the IP cameras are still randomly herky jerky. Restarting ManyCam multiple times before the service sometimes fixes some of the camera feeds.

I have made multiple pleas here and to the support staff to look into this serious problem but only get canned responses back from support saying they are looking into it. I’ve spent over a year trying to get some recognition and resolution of this issue but feel ManyCam no longer supports their product.

Let’s give this another month or so. After that I will go to another product.

I appreciate what you have tried to do, but the result is we have all failed.

I reluctantly moved on to OBS after it was clear that ManyCam has no intention of supporting IP cameras. Refreshing to see OBS handle IP cameras perfectly without all the problems I experienced with ManyCam.

thanks so much for the heads up about OBS. I tried it and I think its great.

Yes, I am very pleased by the move to OBS. It is a vastly superior product from all perspectives. Our church productions now look great after struggling with ManyCam for a couple of years and getting no support. Sad because I though ManyCam had great potential. It seems after the company was bought out over a year ago all improvements were discontinued.