Is anyone having trouble with iPhones

Has anyone having trouble with iPhones not connecting (Mobile Device connection) Since the January iPhone update?

Hello @lraccajr, I have used this feature without any issues. Last used 03 April.

The problem was fixed on Manycam side. I just know it wasn’t my side of things because it was happening on every system we tried it on. It is fixed fornow.

Yes weve had chronic error 503 can’t reach server problems. All 8 of our ios cameras go down without warning. The need for the mobile app to connect to the manycam server is a real vulnerability. This from support last week:

Sorry for interruption of service, there was server side maintenance.

The server is required to locate your device as ManyCam supports streaming from different subnets (e.g. 5G). All media is being sent directly between devices.

If you need same wi-fi network connection only I would recommend the following options:

1. On windows you may add your own RTMP Input and stream from ManyCam mobile device (or any compatible app with RTMP support), see: Connect your mobile device with RTMP Ingest – ManyCam Help and Support
  2. You may activate NDI feature on your Mobile and then open NDI input in ManyCam win or mac. Note: this requires very good wi-fi, so I would recommend the 1st option. Details: How to use NDI® Input & Output in ManyCam – ManyCam Help and Support
  3. On macOS you may mirror your iPhone screen, see How to mirror your iOS device to Mac via USB (screen mirroring) – ManyCam Help and Support

‐----------

We tried both solutions 1 And 2 and had really bad quality video even though we have very fast wifi speeds.

Server side maintenance without warning to users when the connection break is show stopper is a very bad policy! We’ve now added wirecast to our setup as a failsafe because it works with the same cameras and their app doesn’t require a server connection. Just a shared local network It’s a lot more expensive but not as expensive as failed programming to our paying audience!