Install macOS Monterey and I can not access my USB camera anymore.
I am dead in the water, I installed macOS Monterey and I cannot get my USB camera to work.
It’s working on everything else FaceTime, ZOOM and OBS I have uninstalled and reinstall tried numerous different things on privacy but cannot get it going any ideas?
I did put a support ticket in however it just hang and I got a beachball.
Update for anyone else having the same problem…
To reset macOS permissions so that ManyCam is detected again:
- Quit ManyCam if it is running
- Open Spotlight by clicking the magnifying glass icon or pressing CMD + SPACE
- Type “Terminal” and double click the Terminal application when you see it listed in Spotlight
- In the terminal window type “tccutil reset All” and press enter
- Re-open ManyCam from the Applications folder
- When ManyCam opens, select your camera and microphone in ManyCam so that you are asked for permission for ManyCam to use them again and ManyCam should also appear on the Camera & Microphone tabs of the System Preferences after it has requested permissions.
This actually got it working again good luck for anyone else however it’s now flickering off and on hopefully when I restart my computer it will go back to normal, I spent five hours trying to fix this problem.
Update gone back to not being able to use it nothing will display.
My partner has got the identical set up however her MacBook is a M1 that is the only difference.