Gimbal Information

First, apologies if this is the wrong place for this question.

Looking for suggestions on gimbals such as DJI OSMO or VILTA M and how they work with ManyCam / Zoom. We’re looking to have various phone cameras set-up to offer site tours and having them on a gimbal could help with stabilization.

Does anyone have any input or experience with Gimbals and ManyCam? Thank you in advance!

Update for anyone looking at this in the future.

I found a Reddit thread asking a similar questions. Here’s the best response:

“[…] basically I set up the phone on the Osmo 3 as normal (balance phone and turn on). At that point you have access to the stability of the Osmo 3 and the joystick control but none of the DJI software features like active track, hyperlapse etc. So once the device is on, you can use any app you want.”

1 Like

I have the Zhiyun Crane M2. It is a bit more tricky to balance than the purely phone gimbals. The only time I use it is when I need to walk from my office to the lab for a demo. Even then it has only been practice and never live to my students.

You can run them without their official software, so you can use something like EpocCam that connects your phone as a webcam. EpocCam works wired or wireless, so you can go walkabout anywhere on the same network. Lag is pretty good on wireless and non-existent on wired.

I’ve been looking at a couple of new phone Gimbals that are more like selfie sticks, and less expensive. They don’t have all the axes, but can work like a cam on a tripod. Zhiyun make one for $50, and I’ve seen a few other brands.

The gimbal doesn’t connect to ManyCam, so it is really just a fancy tripod. Would be cool if you could control it remotely from ManyCam.

How to delete this thing from my google, I can’t use any program whit cam, only if I use manycam, I deleted the app, and I want to delete it from my google too, how???