Feature Request: Copy Presets

This is probably the #1 feature I would use all the time! The ability to copy presets would be so valuable. Here’s the scenario: You setup your perfect preset with sources, you’ve adjusted the focus and color balance, maybe some on screen text, etc. You want exactly the same layout but you want to change sources or remove a source quickly. Since there are not hot keys connected to those functions, The best way to do that would be to cut to an identical source with only the things you want changed. The problem is there is no way to create a source that is 100% identical to the one you just created. It would be great if there was a button on the presets panel for each preset (or in the preview drop-down menu) to duplicate the preset. This would be very useful and save a lot of time.

18 Likes

Hi, thanks for your suggestion. We’ll consider this for future updates.

2 Likes

Seconded, Rob Kruss.
I would also find a “duplicate this preset” feature very useful.

3 Likes

I am also currently looking for this feature. Can we pelase have an update as to whether Manycam intends to address this problem?
I have a background image and a text overlay and a source window on my preset that I want to duplicate so that the cut from camera source to camera source is seemless and only that part of the feed changes. And I can try, but the text and source objects are never 100% exactly in the same place. Even if they’re off by just a pixel or 2, it shows in the cuts.
A way to duplicate presets, or save a preset template would accomplish this very easily.

5 Likes

Yes, please add this feature asap. It’s available in most other camera suites including OBS (which is free).

1 Like

Another vote for a “duplicate preset” feature.

2 Likes

Me too please. Thanks for suggesting.

3 Likes

This would be a huge timesaver for sure. Please add this. I would be willing to help fund this.

2 Likes

Agreed. Also a way to save and load the presets as a whole so you can switch contexts and not inadvertently go to the wrong preset for the current context.

1 Like

Add me to the list, please.

Additionally I’d like to have the saved preset files in a readable format like .json so that I can edit the presets before loading them again. This is often way faster than clicking through dozens of menus, …
I’d would also be nice to load (e.g. the most recent) presets via hotkey.

-chipsy

1 Like

Hey everyone,

I’d like to thank you all for your feedback!

I’m going to be adding this to our more “short-term” to-do list, originally I wanted to get this out there quicker but Covid-19 kind of shifted priorities from new features to handling the influx of new users and trying to get out more work-from-home features.

2 Likes

And “save presets” please! I have a lot of them, and I suspect that they are using up a lot of CPU even when they’re not being used. But it’s too much of a pain to delete them and create them from scratch…

3 Likes

+1 to copy present and save presets.

1 Like

I agree that it’s essential to be able to copy and save presets. This will prevent me buying the software if it’s not introduced asap. Apart from that, it;s quite good but needs to enhance virtual backgrounds without green screen as quality is poor and way below the standard of Zoom.

+1 for copy and save presets. A way to containerize/group them would also be great. One group for work, another for YouTube channel, another for schooling all those at home kids, …

Thanks for considering.

+1 for duplicate preset.

If you want to set up an overlay in the background with your existing camera setup (which may be cropped, resized, moved, set up with optimal virtual background settings, etc.), it is currently a pain to try and do. Being able to right-click and duplicate the currently used preset (or similar UX for the feature) seems like a fairly easy / straightforward feature to add, and would add a lot of functionality.

Currently in my environment my camera is zoomed, cropped and resized. Trying to manually duplicate this to set up an overlay (to be switched to when complete) is next to impossible – as hard as I try, I’m always a few pixels off, etc… A duplication feature would solve this gap.

Thank you for considering to include this as soon as possible.

CW

1 Like

+1 for duplicating presets!!

1 Like

+1 for duplicating/copy preset

1 Like

I would really like these. I use multiple different scenes/presets when I teach, in which I use a ChromaKey and layer my video on top of my PowerPoint slides. For complicated reasons, I need to capture my slides using a cropped display capture. But if I can’t just copy my presets, I have to redo the crop in each preset, and it will never look perfectly the same. I think there would be multiple ways to fix this, beyond just allowing duplication of presets. Another would be to let me use a playlist with multiple presets, so I can have shared video sources. I just upgraded to ManyCam after using OBS and I’m pretty surprised that it doesn’t have this basic functionality, and I may have to go back to OBS until this is fixed.

by the way: they’re stored here on Mac: com.visicom-media.ManyCam.plist in the Users/[youruserid]/Library/Preferences