Different lower third per preset

I purchased a license last night after being very happy with the free version for testing. I was disappointed to find out that the paid version does not let you (that i can find) have a different lower third per preset. Now when i change between different people (skype streams, other cams, etc) i have to then go and manually turn off one lower third and turn on another. My fault for not checking this before i purchased, but i figured it was a simple and widely used feature that i just needed the full version for. Any chance of adding this in the future? Its almost crippling the chance to use ManyCam for our needs.

9 Likes

Hey @smarc,

Welcome to the community. Thank you for pointing that out. Indeed, Lower Thirds are currently applied to all presets and act globally. We’ll look into ways to improve that.

Yes, lower third and others should not be applied to all presets.

1 Like

Has there been any movement on fixing this? It’s seems very stupid that you have to manually turn off the lower third when switching to different presets. Other object disappear when switching, so why not the lower third?

1 Like

I also would up-vote this request to have different Lower-Thirds per Preset.

The primary reason that I use Lower-Thirds is to identify the subject of a particular camera:

• LIVE from iPhone
  • LIVE from iPad
  • LIVE from WebCam.

The Text overlay is a temporary work-around, but doesn’t look as nice!

1 Like

That is an unacceptable work around. This is a simple problem that should be fixed.

1 Like

Yes please. Having this would be great as lower thirds can be used much more (quantity-wise and probably quality-wise as well).

1 Like

Hi, Any news on this?
I would add the request of activating low thirds per hotkey.

This would be great!

I was also disappointed to find out this was not part of the paid version of ManyCam. It makes using multiple presets much less useful, especially when doing streams with multiple people.

1 Like

This is literally the first thing I tried after I paid for the license. Please provide an update.

Would love to see this as well.

I’ll bump this thread as well. I’m a new Pro user as well and am surprised this isn’t a feature. I’ve been using streamyard and building slideshows in Premiere with lower third captions, and was expecting to be able to use presets to accomplish something similar without having to keep making slideshows outside the applications I’m streaming from.

It’s been 18 months and no updates from the development team. Can you please let us know if this feature is being worked on or at least on the to-do list?

Another bump to this thread…2 years have passed and no word from the Manycam team with updates on having different lower thirds per preset. It makes me question why I paid for a lifetime license when I could simply take some time to learn how to use OBS Studio properly

Please add this feature. Can’t understand why this is not possible.

if I had known that lover third has no other than 5 I would never have bought the license because I know why so simple and so sold

For anyone following this thread or Googling this, Manycam 8 has added this feature. Lower thirds have been renamed to “titles” and you can have different ones per preset.

2 Likes

Please elaborate. my current version 7.10.0.19 and it’s the latest. It still doesn’t have title feature.

As I wrote in my last post, you need ManyCam 8 Beta to use this feature.

1 Like