Clicks in audio

Good afternoon,

In my last live stream I have noticed a few clicks in the audio, but only in the presence of signal, when its silence no clicks happen. The same is true of friends who also use ManyCam.

Has anyone tried something like this?

I use an audio interface from M-audio to insert the audio into the live stream.

thanks,

Marcos

Hey @marcoscovre

What version of ManyCam are you using? We’ve just released a new update, check it out.

Hi, Mikhail:

I have the same issue that marcoscovre has since downloading the previous two versions. I will download the new version and see if it helps. One other thing happens to me: my voice is changed to a weird, low tone. I have to frequently close and restart manycam or the audio input (I’m using iRig Stream) to solve the issue. I’ll see if the new version helps. If not, please take note.

Hi, Marcoscovre:

I have the same issue that you have since downloading the previous two versions. I will download the new version and see if it helps. One other thing happens to me: my voice is changed to a weird, low tone. I have to frequently close and restart manycam or the audio input (I’m using iRig Stream) to solve the issue. Has this happened to you?

Hola Marcos,

For a while I was experiencing clicking sound during our live broadcasts. I was using a Blue Yeti usb microphone connected directly to the PC. Then I discovered that the microphone gain was too high (85%) and the volume in the recording properties of my computer was 65%.

What I did was make sure that the gain of the microphone never exceeded that of the sound properties of the computer. I raised the volume of the recording properties to 75% and kept the gain of the usb mic at 65% -70%. I have never had clicking sounds again, even now that I use a sound mixing console and there are multiple audio inputs at the same time. Hope this helps you.

1 Like

Hi,

@Mikhail, @ielreconciliacion and @frejosan thanks for the reply.

I was using two versions behind of ManyCam, than last night I updated to last version and made a live stream.

The results of updating the ManyCam version: the audio clicks continue…

I saw the @frejosan reply after we streamed, so in my next live stream I’ll check the gains at the windows manager.

I’ll leave a feedbak here after the next live stream that possibly will happen on saturday.

Hey @marcoscovre

Could you please post your setup (especially mics, cables used, and the ManyCam audio settings)? A short video illustrating the clicks would also help.

Hi @Mikhail,

My setup:

• Dell vostro 5470 (laptop);
  • m-audio m-track audio interface which I connect a line input from a Soundcraft digital mixer aux;
  • audio settings in ManyCam is 192kbps;

I tried to change the gains at the laptop as @frejosan uggested but it don`t worked. The audio signal is not clipping at the audio interface.

I`m sending a audio sample of the problem. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydm5dk7k4u6tp3z/Homilia.mp3?dl=0

thanks

Marcos

What I hear is that it is more than just a clicking sound. It seems to me that there is a conflict between the digital mixer and the interface. Have you tried using only the interface to see if the problem continues?