Background video loops stop looping after a while

I use a number of video backgrounds that are just short loops - such as people in an office working behind me. I notice that after some period of time, not sure how long, they stop looping. My computer is not going into sleep mode, it is always on. Restarting Manycam resolves this. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hey @simonmason

Are you on Mac or PC? Could you please post a video illustrating the issue?

Hi, sorry about the delay on this. Lost track of it.

I can’t really post a video as it doesn’t happen in front of my eyes.

I have selected a small video as my background. For example a video of people in an office. Then I layer my webcam on top of this. This particular video is 1:26 minutes.

The video runs in a loop fine - for hours. Then inexplicably the video stops playing - perhaps there is a limit in the application of how many times a video will repeat?

Then the only way to get the video to restart is to restart the application. Right now I have 4 presets with video backgrounds. Three have stopped, one is still playing.

Does that help?

A follow-on question to this @Mikhail. Does many cam loop videos when they are used in a virtual background or just play them through once?

Based on the limited testing that I have done, it seems like it starts playing all videos when you load the application. Then when it reaches the end of the videos it stops and does not loop them. Therefore you have to reload many cam to restart a video and it only runs for as long as the video.

The desired behavior is that it loops the videos, otherwise I have to create looped videos that run for hours to avoid having to restart many cam. This is probably not ideal as it means that the videos can get quite large, vs. being able to create a short video and have the software loop it.

Thoughts?

Bump on this one. It does appear that Manycam loops videos in background but they do seem to stop after a while?

Hey @simonmason

Could you please send the log files to [email protected]?
https://help.manycam.com/knowledge-base/log-files-macos/
https://help.manycam.com/knowledge-base/log-files-windows/

I can affirm that when I select a video as a standalone layer, it only plays once then stops. There doesn’t seem to be any option to have it loop (which would definitely be desirable.) The only time videos work as desired is if you use a video for a virtual background. Then it loops as expected.

macOS Big Sur 11.5.2
ManyCam v7.8.4.14 AND v7.8.6.2

Hardware Overview:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,1
Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 16 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 32 GB
System Firmware Version: 1554.140.20.0.0 (iBridge: 18.16.14759.0.1,0)

It is working fine for me and looping. I’m on Windows 10 running V 7.8.5.30

On my Mac M1 Air it appears to continue looping. I haven’t kept the versions up to date on this machine - it is running 7.8.0.17. I went to perform the actions that you suggested to send the logs on my main machine - Mac M1 mini - and noticed it was not on the latest version either, but a different version that the Air. So I updated to the latest 7.8.6.2 and will see how it goes. If videos stop looping on this machine then I will send the logs.

Ok, confirmed - 7.8.6.2 - the videos stop looping. In version 7.8.0.17 on my laptop the videos appear to keep looping. So I installed 7.8.0.17 on my Mac mini and I am now testing this to see if it keeps looping.

I ended up switching back to the latest version, letting the videos stop and then sending the log files. @Mikhail files sent. Thanks.

@simonmason

Files received, our team is looking into this.