Supported platforms

I bought a license for ManyCam earlier today after playing with it a bit. I should have tried it on some real calls instead of just looking at the tool itself though and I’m regretting my purchase already.

It seems that at least on Mac, there are so many tools that it doesn’t work with that there should be some notice of "it works on ". I’ve so far tried on a small handful and found Slack (no), Discord (no), Teams (sort of, if you do this hacky thing).

If I’d known that ManyCam would only work for a very small subset of places, I don’t think I would have bought since I don’t know if it’s worth the effort to really get into the tool when it has such a low chance of being able to be used.

Now that I’m more aware of the issue, I feel it’s a big enough problem there should be more up front notice.

Unless I’m wrong (hoping?) and those forums are out of date and there’s some way to get this to work again with more tools?

Same question here. I am also disappointed since it does NOT work with Slack! Is there any hack (like with Teams) how to still use it?

To people having the same issue with slack, I have found some instructions from OBS community that also apply here (or to any virtual webcam): https://github.com/johnboiles/obs-mac-virtualcam/wiki/Compatibility

So the same trick that apparently people are using to get Teams working (removing signatures from the app and helpers) applies to Slack (after removing signatures you will be asked to sign in again, so be sure you will be able to and try it at your own risk):

sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Slack.app
sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Slack.app/Contents/Frameworks/Slack\ Helper\ (GPU).app
sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Slack.app/Contents/Frameworks/Slack\ Helper\ (Plugin).app
sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Slack.app/Contents/Frameworks/Slack\ Helper\ (Renderer).app
sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Slack.app/Contents/Frameworks/Slack\ Helper.app

Thanks! That works, but I had to use following lines:
sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Slack.app
sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Slack.app/Contents/Frameworks/“Slack Helper (GPU).app”
sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Slack.app/Contents/Frameworks/“Slack Helper (Plugin).app”
sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Slack.app/Contents/Frameworks/“Slack Helper (Renderer).app”
sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Slack.app/Contents/Frameworks/Slack\ Helper.app