Manycam 7.5.1.5 for windows crashes each new day

Since I updated Manycam (windows) more than a week ago, it crashes the first time I start up. I uninstall and reinstall, and USUALLY it then works (though sometimes it does not, until I reinstall again). It makes the start of each day really horrible, not knowing if I’m going to be able to do my online job as a teacher, and I’ve had to cancel classes when I couldn’t get it going.

Help please?

What I’ve tried so far:

• reinstalling webcam software (Logitech)
  • making sure Windows is up to date (yes, I I know Windows updates can cause problems that need a reinstall, but it’s not getting a Windows update every day…I even checked that)
  • uninstalling all unnecessary browser extensions in both Chrome and Edge (I use multiple browser windows in presets)
  • disabling all the unnecessary startup apps I can find

Again, help please?

TIA -

Dee

Hey @dattardo11

First, update ManyCam to the latest version using this link:
https://manycam.com/beta/

Make sure that your graphics card drivers are up to date (in case you use 2 GPUs, make sure to update both).

If installing the update doesn’t help, please send us the following information:

1. DxDiag report:

• Press Win + R , type-in dxdiag and hit Enter . Then please click on “Save all information” and send it to [email protected].

2. Log files from ManyCam:

1. Start ManyCam and reproduce the issue

2. Close ManyCam by pressing Ctrl + Q

3. Press Win + R , type-in %appdata%\ManyCam\Logs and hit Enter

4. Then select all files from this folder, right-click -> select Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder . Send the compressed zip folder to [email protected].

5. A crush dump file. Press Windows key and R ( Win+R ) and paste %Programdata%\manycam\crashdumps and find the latest crash dump file in the opened folder (it will look somewhat like manycam.exe.1234.dmp )

Upload this file to Google Drive, OneDrive or any other cloud file storage. Please make sure this link is public (i.e. does not require an account to access it)

1 Like

@dattardo11
dattardo1:
I’ve been having the same symptoms as you. I made a guess and found out that one of my sources was the problem, so I reset manycam settings to default. That way all the sources are deleted. I used the command line to make the change. What I did is remove (or move) the ‘settings’ file and restarted.

Note: This fix might not work. It will only work if you have the same problem I do.
Note: You have to use the command line; if you mess it up, that will be bad.
Note: You will be logged out of your ManyCam account and will need to know your username and password to log back in

Commands:

<<Window Key>> + R
cmd  

In the terminal window that pops up type:

cd %APPDATA%\ManyCam
dir settings
move settings settings.old.backup
dir settings   

The settings file will now be missing. Close down ManyCam in the notification area and start it back up. You will have to log in again and once you do all settings are at their defaults. Now you can add sources one-by-one and see which one crashes the program.

Remember: This fix might not work. It will only work if you have the same problem I do.

Hello, thank you for this. I will need a few days to do all and will get back to you. Thanks again -

1 Like

You are welcome. Sorry for all of the bold warnings. :slight_smile: -Matt

My GPU drivers were already up to date so I installed the beta yesterday and it was working fine this morning. I’ll be using it the next few days so will see if it does any crashing. Please keep this issue open until then and i’ll let you know how it goes.

Thank you -

1 Like

After a couple of good days, Manycam crashed again on startup this morning. I’ve collected the data and sent it to Manycam support as requested. Thank you -

1 Like